115 Cedar Street

Where we lay our scene. It has been more than three months since I've blogged, owing to a prohibitively busy schedule and the campaign's "no blogging" policy.

I'm sitting at a "Caribou Coffee" in Avon, Ohio, enjoying the rather abrupt holiday atmosphere. The last time I luxuriated at a coffee place was mid-summer, without a reindeer or tinsel in sight. I appreciate the fact that it's not a Starbuck's, but at the same time bemoan the telltale signs of a coffee franchise.

Emerging from the campaign feels like being deposited by a time machine into new circumstances and surroundings, like the steam escaping a pressure-cooker and a vise grip being relaxed. I feel like I've hit culture shock in a new county, and am slowly re-gaining my bearings.

I can hardly identify with three-dimensional space, after having spent interminable days and weeks perched at my desk, in front of a computer screen, looking up only to greet visitors or field questions from interns and volunteers. I don't know what to do with unstructured time. I can't contemplate the possibility of getting a haircut, seeing a movie, or even having the decision-making capability to do so. I can hardly identify with having control over my own schedule without conference calls every 12 hours for three months straight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat