A Word From Texas

I'm on some campaign email lists from Pennsylvania, Ohio, California, and Texas, and here are a few excerpts, from March 1:

"I'm a Pittsburgher living in Austin for a couple of months, and I thought you'd all be interested to hear a bit of what is happening with Obama here in Texas with the Texas Primary pending on Tuesday.

Obviously, he's speaking here often now, but it's really hard to get in because the tix go so fast. Tix to his speeches are so precious that Craigs List Austin is actually crammed with scalpers selling tix to his FREE speeches with starting bids between $25 and $50. I've never seen anything like it."

AND [from SF list]:

"I know you've heard it before on this list from those headed out to Texas,
but I wanted to make one final plea: Texas needs our signs! And yes,
there's still time: I am headed out to Clarendon, Texas tomorrow night
(where I am the out-of-state Precinct Captain), and the Obama staffer on
the ground in the Panhandle has asked me to bring as much signage as I can.
As he said:

'Anything that has the word Obama, a picture of Obama, or an Obama logo
on it is absolute gold out here. You could buy manhattan with a few
Obama pins.'"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat