Guinness: One Stout Feline

Guinness is one of the feistiest kitties I've ever met (so named because she's colored like the beer). When I come home at night, she runs toward the door with one of the loudest meows I've ever heard. I feel like a shamed schoolgirl for being gone all day once she's done meowing!

Sometimes at night she'll caterwaul at an even louder volume. I tried to "sequester" her in the front room once, but she got out. I've never met such an opinionated cat. She'll stare at me and meow loudly and I have no idea what she's talking about.

The other kitty for whom I'm housesitting, Darla, is a deaf sweetheart who sleeps for a living. She loves to cuddle and has a "purr-fest" each night before bed. Both cats are quite elderly, between 14 and 16 years old. Guinness has a lot of energy for her vintage; she zooms around the house at least once a day with a toy or two.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat