Campaign Carbohydrates

There is a steady stream of carbohydrates coming into the fourth floor of 1500 Sansom Street, donated by well-meaning supporters of the Barack Obama campaign. Unfortunately, this results in a steady stream of visits by me to the refreshments table to observe, select, and consume said carbs. I have never seen so many Philadelphia soft pretzels at once, nor had any that were remotely as delicious.

Yesterday the carb consumption was scrumptiously interrupted by Moroccan chicken and couscous, and today we had vegetarian chili in between the parade of chips, soft pretzels, bagels, donuts, donut holes, cakes, cookies, popcorn, and assorted other treats of which the American Cancer Society would certainly not approve.

I'm not sure whether I feel more like the kid in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" who eats too much or the daughter from "Vacation" who eats herself sick from a scrumptious buffet.

Oh dear. Hopefully lugging my laptop nine blocks across and seven down from where I'm living twice a day will offset the coming calorie catastrophe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat