On the Docket

This morning began to the anthem of my cell phone's alarm ring and the barest hint of daylight glowing through the gauzy white curtains in my bedroom. Not sun, mind you, but whatever Ohio skies consider to be the indicator of morning.

We're meeting at 10:30am somewhere here in Oxford, a town so small there's no chance I'll get lost. Another memory from yesterday about the Obama movement is when I finally found an outlet for my laptop at Chicago O'Hare, I managed to drop it, and the guy next to me made small talk. He says he thinks that Obama is so liked by the people that if he's elected president, Congress will not have the power to oppose him. This guy is from Lake Placid, had been skiing in Vail, and talked about how he'd been involved in politics for decades.

The girl who had been sitting in his chair earlier told me that she liked my Obama bumper sticker, and while she is not a Democrat, will be voting for him because she "hates Hillary" and she's tired of the same old stuff in Washington.

Yaye! Now I must decide whether I want to brave a shower in this cold, cold weather, get back into my rental car, with which I hope I'm still friends, back out of the snowy driveway, and make my way over to College Avenue. I think. There is "a" Starbuck's in town so hopefully I'll be able to use my own laptop (this is Lisa's computer, she's been so incredibly generous to open her home to me, but I will still need use of my own bruised laptop at some point).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat