System Failure

No sooner does the semester end, and the reality of not having any outstanding work hanging over my head and impeding my enjoyment of CSI: Miami (save me the groans) sets in, than i am clobbered with more evidence of the utter failure of the system to produce any meaningful results whatsoever.

a month ago, i submitted my Cal Grant application, and my online account informed me that i was ELIGIBLE for $21,000 in aid.

little did i realize the power of the word "ELIGIBLE," for, as i found out today, i have been disqualified from receiving a RED CENT from the state of California, nevermind the fact that Schwarzenegger could pay out of his own pocket for my entire education.

My GPA is 3.9, my taxable income for last year was $100, and I have been on disability--not by choice--for many years.

Exactly how am I ineligible for any aid from the state? This is outrageous.

Bush proposes cutting federal student aid. Why?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat