Adventures in Tourism

I hereby renounce my obligation to be tolerant and compassionate of other people's struggles with their luggage.

Let's see if we can stuff everything we've ever owned and purchased on our vacations into incredibly large suitcases, and then carry as many of them on as possible. Better yet, let's take forever walking down the jetway into the plane, and finding our seat. Let's then spend hours choosing just the right overhead compartment in which to stow our unnecessary junk, argue with family members over who gets which assigned seat, and then grumble while settling into the miniscule-sized seats with which they now inflict on us in coach.

The good news is that the food has improved; there isn't any. I actually like the idea of purchasing whatever it is they're offering; I find it a little better than regular airline food. I prefer to bring my own meal, and not worry about wasting a pre-existing "rubber chicken," as my dad would say.

Actually, back in the days when we travelled first and business class on a regular basis, due to my mom's benefits, they would torture the main cabin with freshly baked chocolate chip cookies for first class passengers only.

Way to remind people of the all too well entrenched class system.

Why not just borrow the "Upper Class" idea from Virgin Atlantic, and dispose altogether with any pretense of equality?

Wow, I'm in a rotten mood!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat