Filming the Fourth

After a brief nap, I managed to snap out of my inertia to go to the gas station, do some grocery shopping at Safeway (my first real grocery shop as an independent woman!), and visit Blockbuster for some flicks. Their store on Shattuck is the best I've sen in years--the quality of Blockbuster seems to go down all the time, but this one actually has a decent inventory.

I like Berkeley.

I rented "Stalingrad," made by the same people who produced "Das Boot;" "Black Orpheus," which is the classic Brazilian film based on a Greek myth, and "LA Confidential," just for fun. I've seen it a couple times and like it.

I have such fond memories of block parties we'd attend on our old street in Los Altos, Clay Drive, when I was a kid. That was when firecrackers were still legal, and we could play with little ones like sparklers and rockets. Such fond memories of summers in general, as a kid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat