Up and Down

The process of recovery from bipolar is like another mood swing in itself. Some days I feel I can cope and things are looking up; other days it's all doom and gloom. And that's not the illness; it's coping with disaster.

I need to find the language to describe what happened, because there currently is no discourse for it. It must be created, just as I had to create my own treatment plan since there currently aren't any.

I'm at a cafe on College Ave in Oakland, surfing the net, having an iced mocha, and waiting for yoga class to begin. As I get older, I'm starting to realize the importance of exercise and self-maintenance. I'm only 30, but there are big changes in my body and health already.

My dad and grandfather both have and had Alzheimer's, so chances are I'm a strong candidate for it as well. With bipolar also cutting my life short on this end, I'd be happy with a good two decades, at this point. Or any quality of life at all.

I saw Michael Moore's "Sicko" last night with Heather and Jenny, in a sold-out show. The line for the next showing was already out the door as we left. It's clear that this film is striking a huge chord for Americans, many of whom feel left out of the political process completely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat