False Promises?

I was always told that you'll get a great job once you graduate from college. Or rather, that having the degree was the key.

Then why is it that I'm applying to tons of places and not even hearing back? I hate working at the Mail and Copy Center. It puts me to sleep. It's tedious and miserable and not even worth writing about. It's hard getting on my feet and I'm irritated. I worked so hard to get here, and things are still hard. I'm tired of it. I'm not sleeping well because I have to get up to be at work by 9am. Sleep deprivation is not the natural state of things.

I don't even feel part of the world yet. I still feel like an outsider. I absolutely hate my job. Anyone can do it. I should have whatever job I want at this point, were it not for bipolar, which continues to ruin, destroy, and take away my life. I'm so tired I don't even feel like grocery shopping, especially since Safeway has such gross produce, and everything else is too expensive. It's hard to eat healthy!

I want to go back to the house but once I'm there won't want to go out again. That's depressing. It's impossible to meet people here, even though they're all around. I despise my job. I did not work this hard to end up in an even shittier job than before.

Suggestions? The Career Center at my school is dreadful; don't bother suggesting it. I really belong at a first-rate school. I always have, and do not appreciate feeling like a permanently dislocated person.

How do I get connected to start meeting people and making connections, job and otherwise? It's so frustrating. I'm just not getting through to anyone. I feel invisible. It's not my fault I don't have a very impressive resume; I have bipolar disorder. I'm not a loser and do not appreciate feeling overlooked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat