Katie Couric is Little Improvement Over Dan Rather

my problem with Couric is that she's made her career acting like an immature schoolgirl. it bothers me that a woman who does that can get so far in the corporate world; i don't know whether it's an act on her part but if it is, that's even worse.

the idea that a woman should have to feign immaturity or stupidity to succeed is repugnant to me, and that is to what i credit Couric's "success." she acts subservient around men and that really gets under my skin.

i don't like dan rather because he was a power-hungry hypocrite who took himself too seriously (see Bernard Goldberg's book "Bias" for first-hand accounts), but that somehow isn't as repellant as a woman like Couric to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat