That Thing Called Love

A Tragedy of Marilyn Monroe
"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead, they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them. They were obviously loving somebody I wasn't. When they found this out, they would blame me for disillusioning them--and fooling them." Marilyn Monroe

Shot Through the Heart
"I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon." Comedian Paul McGinty

I Wonder as I Wander
"I am a lover and have not found my thing to love." a character from Sherwood Anderson's book "Winesburg, Ohio."

Who Says Germans are Unromantic?
"This is the true measure of love: When we believe that we alone can love, that no one could ever have loved so before us, and that no one will ever love in the same way after us." Goethe

Third Time's a Charm: Canada's Elizabeth Taylor?
"When Canadian poet Susan Musgrave bought an elegant purple dress for her wedding, she said, "It was criminally expensive, but you only get married for the third time once!"

She Would Know
"Sometimes I wonder if men and women really suit each other. Perhaps they should live next door and just visit now and then." Katharine Hepburn

Speaking For Himself or His Patients?
"One is very crazy when one is in love." Sigmund Freud

"[Love is] a madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet." Shakespeare, Romeo in "Romeo and Juliet"

A Not Dishonest Disraeli
"The magic of first love is our ignorance that it can never end." Benjamin Disraeli

If Only
"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality." Emily Dickinson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat