"I Could Have Danced All Night" Part II

I hate bedtime. I feel like a child with her arms folded across her chest, a big frown on her face, stomping her foot on the floor. This song is from "My Fair Lady."

Bed! Bed! I couldn't go to bed!
My head's too light to try to set it down! Sleep! Sleep!
I couldn't sleep tonight.
Not for all the jewels in the crown!
I could have danced all night!
I could have danced all night!
And still have begged for more.
I could have spread my wings,
And done a thousand things I've never done before.
I'll never know
What made it so exciting;
Why all at once my heart took flight.
I only know when he
Began to dance with me, I could have danced,
danced, danced all night!

[stlyrics.com]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat