Wolf Blitzkrieg

is leading the charge over at CNN. I'm waiting for Anderson's coverage.

I guess it's OK if Israel wants to get back at Hezbollah for hurting Israel. I don't know much more about that, as far as who started the most recent spate of finger-pointing.

It's not OK, though, for Israel to hurt Lebanon while bombing Hezbollah. I do not think that the Lebanese government has the power to control Hezbollah, especially since Hezbollah has the backing (we think) of Iran and Syria. That puts Lebanon in a really difficult spot. The Israelis must know that, so they must have an agenda I'm unaware of, or, as my dad says, "Even intelligent people make mistakes sometimes."

Ironically, Lebanon is one of the only truly peaceful Middle Eastern nations (like Jordan and Egypt) that aren't openly hostile or threatening to anyone. They're just trying to keep it together after that dreadful civil war.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat