When Enough Isn't Enough

Recovering alcoholics say that one drink is too many, and an entire bar full of alcohol would never be enough.

I spent time last night researching sex predators on the internet (after watching a "Dateline NBC" special about internet sex predators), reading about torture online today, and I'm currently watching a documentary about a rape victim/survivor testifying against her attacker in court. I don't really know why; I'm just marvelling at the cruelty of the human experience, and how widespread it is. I'm planning to watch "Mission Impossible: III" as today's mindless entertainment, but I'm sure it will include violence, explosions, gunshots, and probably murder.

What gives? I wish I had friends here to hang out with. So far, semester break has been a little isolating. I love my big IKEA bed, though, and firm mattress. Quite a cozy set-up. My dad is relaxing by the fire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat