"Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept It..."

That's what Dr. Woodrow always says. I'm watching "Mission Impossible: III." The first two were pretty over-the-top, full of bravado, ridiculously so at times, but still entertaining. I don't like Cruise anymore; it's sad that my positive image of him has been ruined by his irrational behavior, but I'm still expecting some degree of engagement from this flick. He is nothing if not a perfectionist and hard worker.

I have to say I love gadgets, though, especially in flicks like this one. The more ingenious and expensive-looking, the better. Either these kinds of things are absurd and only exist in films, or in real life they're even more expensive and more refined.

Funny how Cruise always chooses little-known costars for the lead female role in his MI flicks, as if he doesn't want any big names to challenge his status. He chose the soft-spoken French actress Emmanuelle BĂ©art for the first Mission Impossible; Thandie Newton for the second, a beautiful woman with a subtle presence; and Keri Russell for his third, also not a marquee name. I think he's very calculating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat