Wir Haben ein Katz!

We've just brought Scharffie home in his huge cat carrier. My dad and I are talking about him in German because we think it sounds funny. He is so happy I can't even tell you. It's adorable and it makes me so happy.

He was hiding between the wall and the bookshelf and now he's between the sofa and bookshelf, behind the lamp. My dad is grinning from ear to ear and trying to coax him out. It's just heartwarming to have him. Anything to improve the quality of my dad's life is on my list. My dad is still pretty much himself and I am NOT looking forward to his Alzheimer's progressing, which it inevitably will.

Unlike bipolar, Alzheimer's destroys the entire brain. It's a wretched and cruel illness, no doubt about it.

my dad is calling the cat "Herr Scharffenberger!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat