Dressing in Layers

as my mom would say. It's a cold night here in Northern California, and I'm taking mom's advice. We seem to be zooming in on a cat to adopt; it takes my mom quite awhile to accept change, so it will still take some doing.

our quasi-fake fire is blazing in the fireplace; it's one of those real-flame, fake-wood, gas-fueled fireplaces that are environmentally friendly but take all the fun out of having a fire.

I'm watching "Larry King" while waiting for supper, and he's dragged on the usual assortment of experts, first-hand accounts, etc., and is using his customary disaster-in-progress voice to cover the Mount Hood hiking tragedy.

It's funny how I come up with ways to fill empty time; I'm inspired to look over all of my finances, including credit card debt and the myriad student loans I have in preparation for beginning to pay them off when I get a job in June. It's so empowering to realize that my financial nightmare (another side effect of bipolar) will be ending soon. I despise the position of helplessness and victimhood into which the illness has put me all these years. Very resentful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat