A Perfect Storm of Alone-ness

Winter break is about to begin, I'll be leaving my friends from school and going home, where most of my old friends no longer live. All signs point toward some quality alone-time, and growth, which I'm dreading. I'm tired of processing pain. I'm just sick of it. And I regret the situation my family is in. The signal I'm getting most strongly is money--I want to earn money over break so I can have fun and pay off my credit cards and feel productive and gear up for getting a job after graduation.

I've had enough of people for a little while, or at least of my interactions with them, and it's time to hibernate for a bit. And get my dad a cat! Five weeks is a very long time; I'm sure I'll feel restless toward the end. I think going down south will have to wait until January; my mom's birthday is soon and so is mine, plus traveling during the holidays can be terrible, plus I need some down-time to recover from the semester. And, I'd really like to focus on getting in shape again, and doing things I usually don't, like run. Yuck. But Shoreline's a good place for that. I'll figure something out.

Looking forward to clearing my mind, browsing bookstores, going dancing, catching up on rest, seeing films. A lot of good ones come out at the end of the year for Oscar consideration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat