No Inner Monologues Here

So I went up to Stanford today, but just looked around, I was too upset and indecisive to buy anything affordable, and too worried about money and credit card debt to buy anything unaffordable. It's been a rougher transition coming home than I had expected it would be. I rented "Best in Show" tonight, and it was as funny as I remember. I miss having dormmates to watch movies with in the rec room. I heard from Lorien today, and miss her already.

Not much else to report; I get a blood test tomorrow, my car serviced, and maybe a movie or something fun tomorrow night. This break is going to be a big shift for me, I think. I have a ton of stuff to digest from the past semester and year, and just plan to be really introspective. I'm thinking about applying for a catering job. Learning more about how not to try to fit my round life into a square hole--trying to be the person I was before the illness. I'm different, and older; I want to recognize who I am now and be that person.

I think I'll drop an academic class for next semester--I want to take some PE classes and maybe ballet, and focus more on real-world stuff and preparing for graduation rather than keeping my head stuck in books for 14 weeks. I just want to take it easy for the next five weeks and reflect on my life. My mom's birthday is Wednesday; I should look over her choices of stuff to do and figure something out. I hope her gift arrives in time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat