Beverly Hills, 90210

to my astonishment (but perhaps i shouldn't be, since i never give myself enough credit), i got a response from one of my internship applications. a nice man from a literary agency in beverly hills, with whom i'd corresponded earlier in the year about the same position.

he sounds remarkably down to earth for someone working in beverly hills. i am terrified to call, as he had asked me to. it was suggested to me that i call at 8am, which sounded like the best advice, but i have such a hard time getting up in the morning and sound so groggy and "hung over," which of course is never the case, it's my medication; i didn't want to call right at 8am, plus i was simply so nervous and fearful.

so i called at 9:30am, and a nice guy answered the phone. i am so awkward and uncomfortable with this stuff. the illness killed my confidence, and my timing is still off, so i never know when to start talking and when to stop. plus i talk too fast and don't enunciate, so people have a hard enough time figuring out what i'm saying.

anyway, the man was in a meeting, so i gave my information to the receptionist. a very awkward exchange. i am so self-conscious. i'm hoping this guy will call back, although i'm afraid i weirded out the receptionist so much he won't call back.

oh well. i'm nervous to go in for a meeting, too, if we set one up. i really don't know what to say. i don't want to become famous and i don't have my heart set on working in the entertainment industry. i wouldn't mind, though; it all sounds very interesting but maybe i'm not what they're looking for.

what i really want to do for this guy is read scripts and manuscripts and write summaries--that's what the position is for. that sounds really interesting. what would i wear? i have no idea. makeup, definitely, but i lost all my hair clips. i don't know how long it takes to drive to beverly hills, so i don't know what to tell him as far as when i could arrive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat