A Disturbing Difference of Opinion

Wow. Religious differences can hurt. I don't like feeling deep rifts with people I care about over matters of religion.

It really upsets me. Why? Because they are matters of right and wrong--who is right and who is wrong, and how that is determined. I think people in general have a fundamental need to be right, myself included.

I don't want that to become a weakness, though. I know it is one for me, and I know that people have been murdered and tortured over it for millenia, too.

How to disagree with friends so that they feel respected, but that I feel respected too, that I'm not denigrating my own beliefs?

I don't even know what many of my beliefs are. I am untested in many arenas, owing to bipolar and its attendant limitations.

I will not stoop to defending people I already admire. They do not defense. Who is right and who is wrong is not up to me or anyone else to determine. That is my opinion on the matter.

Also, this isn't about me. I'd like to be able to have discussions and hear other people's points of view without bringing myself into the picture. I would really like that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat