The Written Word

a warm welcome to those of you visiting from Beth's writing group!

I don't write about mental illness as much as I used to here--you can find entries in the archives--but maybe I should, in the interest of fighting the stigma and promoting the truth about bipolar.

maybe it's incumbent upon me, even though i'm feeling better, to stay in touch with my bipolar roots and the community that brought me back to life, and continue the education and the fight and the awareness campaign that we each need to cope with the illness.

i've seen the toll the stigma takes countless times on countless faces throughout years of attending and moderating mood disorder support groups. other people's fear and ignorance are not burdens we should have to bear.

Don't forget about "The Awakenings Journal," which contains poetry and prose from persons living with mental illness.

Patty Duke has her own blog about bipolar; I think you can enter "bipolar" into the search function at blogspot and you should get a few interesting links about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat