In Another Life, I Was a Creative Writing Major

in this one, i attend stanford's creative writing group for people with mood disorders, which i can't recommend highly enough.

most of my best writing i wrote in that class. some of it i can't find, which is really frustrating. i'd put some of it up here if i could find it. my best stuff comes from the anti-analytical part of my mind--when i'm not actively "thinking," but when i just put down whatever comes to mind. it's a shame i'm majoring in subjects that require analysis--the brain is such a second class citizen when compared to the heart. for me, intelligence is just the icing on the cake, and intelligent people are only as interesting or valuable as their souls really are. einstein realized that, which is why i admire him so much. he said that "imagination is more important than intelligence."

on second thought, i would not have deleted many of the things i'd written here--some of my more vulnerable thoughts and grief i would resurrect from the cyberspacial manure pile because it's a record of my life. a lot of my best writing comes from sadness and loss.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat