Friends Like These

a dear friend of our family, of many years, has been diagnosed with a recurrence of a most grave form of cancer. we are terribly saddened at the news, and wish our friend and her family much comfort in the weeks and months to come. we love them so, so much. today was Father's Day, one of the best days of the year, but it was a huge blow to my parents, in particular, to receive this news. i cannot stand to see them sad.

when the people we've known all our lives begin to ail and even pass on, i realize how fragile my world is, that it is made up of people who will all eventually pass on. my life is comprised of people who love me and of fond and loving memories. it's the substance of my heart and the legs i stand on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat