Unpleasant Truths: Part I

i had the strangest dream last night; that i got my cell phone mixed up with my cousin's husband's cell phone and couldn't dial anyone, that my laptop computer was programmed only to use the spanish-language keyboard so i couldn't access my email, that i designed an aviary at the school i went to and adopted some pet birds i couldn't take care of properly, that my car was driving unsafely but i couldn't figure out why and couldn't fix it, that i had PMS mood swings that i'd never had before...

stranger than fiction or real life. i just woke up and have that i'm-still-asleep-and-dreaming feeling--the "hangover without the hangover." i agreed to spend the day with my mom and cousin, and backed out at the last minute. i HATE when i do that. makes me feel like a bad person. i couldn't get out of bed, to start with, but i also have anxiety about how much stuff i have to do and didn't want to commit to spending the entire day out. i'm really anxious to get started on internship research, but the more anxious i get, the harder it is to start.

anyway, off to costco and banana republic. they have a wicked sale going on, i have some store credits to use. i also need to figure out why the computer isn't printing and i can't get the wireless internet to work, pay some more bills, schedule a psychiatrist appt., and a bunch of other un-fun "real life" stuff. yikes.

i applied for a job yesterday! i'm very proud of myself. turns out they didn't need anyone, but that's not the point. i've "broken the ice," so to speak, on my fear/resistance to getting a job. i'll try to stop by my old tutoring place to see if they need anyone over the summer, which they usually do.

now, tacos for breakfast! yummy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat