"Country Roads, Take Me Home"

is one of my favorite songs, by one of my favorite singers, john denver.

after two weeks in socal, i'm headed home. it's the right thing to do. feels like it's been longer than two weeks.

i feel better, but i'm also sad. sometimes doing the right thing is hard, and sometimes i put off doing the right thing, but it hurts to delay the inevitable. sometimes i don't know what the inevitable is until it smacks me across the face.

this summer is also about me figuring myself out, which i've been unable to do until now.

i feel quite a sense of relief.

i am so relieved to be leaving, and to be leaving behind all the old [emotional] clutter that's been clogging up my mental arteries for so long. no more hurt or pain or rejection.

now i know that all of my feelings are valid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat