Feet, Not Boots, on the Ground

if i can just hang in long enough to figure out what's going on, i stand a chance of healing.

risking losing other people is the price i pay to do that.

i was not trying to make you worry about me. i would never do that.

sometimes i have to make mistakes in order to heal. hurting others is never ok, which is why i didn't want to say anything last night.

if i can unlock what's bothering me, figure out what the root of my behavior is, then i have won one small inner struggle. that is where the hope comes from.

i know i might have lost you, caused irreparable damage to our relationship, or forever changed the way you look at me. there is sh*t i wasn't going to learn any other way. i wanted to work through what i was feeling before i said anything, and i'm sorry i could not have said as much.

i know i might have lost you, caused irreparable damage to our relationship, or forever changed the way you look at me. that scares me, especially since it's such a pattern for me. the point is that i'm willing to learn from it this time. here i am, on my knees again, but refusing to beg. i will not. i no longer want to do anything that makes me fall to my knees and beg others not to leave, to give me one more chance. i want to do it differently and not live at the mercy of others' forgiveness and "tolerance."

there is no preparation for hurt. when the axe falls, the blood runs. i cannot intellectualize it away. that may happen this time. i may shatter, but i will come back together. the whole summer could be ruined, but i would find a way to recover. i could be left alone again, but it wouldn't last. i've been there before, i can be there again.

i sabotage others away. i behave as badly as possible to live up to my belief that i am hatable and ugly. i am re-living something that needs to be re-lived in order to heal; at least i hope that's what it is.

the axe may fall. i know that. i am prepared and bracing myself. as long as i find a way to stop repeating patterns, as long as i find a new way to live. as long as i learn how to stop hurting others. as long.

i refuse to get on my knees. no loss of dignity this time around. accepting responsibility and growing up is the easier, softer way.

i get disgust, sometimes, too, which is ironic, since others look at me in the exact same way in which i've sometimes looked at my mom. i no longer wish to be at the mercy of subconscious patterns of behavior that i've been carrying with me all this time, with no way to heal. i've found a way, now, even though it may have cost me dearly. i've unlocked one of my biggest secrets.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat