Grease Lightning

I took my car in for a routine oil change, tire rotation, and fluid top-off, and came out four hours later with new seals to my timing belt compartment, and $500 less. It's amazing how much labor costs.

Apparently there was a bad oil leak, and the guy took me under the car with a flashlight to show exactly what the problem was, and where there was greasy oil it should have been "bone dry." He also showed me with a diagram exactly where the seals are. Luckily, he didn't have to replace the belt itself.

I also had him check the brakes, for which they don't charge, and he recommended an adjustment to the back ones, for which he didn't charge. That was nice, and given how hard it is for me to trust repair places since I don't know much about cars, I've had a really good feeling about this place and have gone there for years.

I can't wait until we all drive hybrid cars!

I've heard that Al Gore's documentary "An Inconvenient Truth" is good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat