Say When: How Much Honesty is Too Much?

I took a quantum leap tonight in the "baring my emotional soul, getting psychologically naked" department.

uncertain results. pleased with myself for being honest, surprisingly relieved at getting it off my chest. not thrilled with how it was received, but i knew the price would be high.

it's a burden i carry around until i share it with someone.

lesson? sometimes concealing opinions is prudent; it does mean compromising honesty in the relationship, however.

it was a risk i had to take, and the only way i would learn. a risk i had to take, as are many.

the courage to fall flat on my face in order to pick myself up again and move on, often as a new person.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat