A New Chapter

I will live in Southern California this summer. I am excited, and a little bit nervous. There is so much to do down there, even though it is very different from Northern California and I probably would not want to live there forever.

I want to see a play at the Pasadena Playhouse, I already know where the yoga studios in Pasadena are. My friend Halie is nearby, my friend Dana is too, and probably other Pomona people.

I know the freeways a little and remember Santa Monica and the Kodak theater, where I went to the opening of "Eyes Wide Shut." It was entirely too much fun. We got interviewed by the French media, and I almost missed my flight down there. I've never come that close to missing a flight in my life. I was almost ready to get out of the car on the freeway (we were stopped in traffic) and run to the terminal.

I want to go to the Simon Wiesenthal Center (Holocaust museum? can't remember), and the Museum of Tolerance. all the stuff i wanted to do when i was at pomona but could not. i don't know how excited i am about the beaches there, but maybe i just have not been to the right ones.

and the Getty art museum. and a taping of the Jay Leno show! wow! maybe my friend Ryan could visit, if he flies into so cal; i can't remember. i want to go dancing at the Derby (i think that's what it's called).

I need to find a cool job or internship. I do know of several resources, so I'd better get moving. I also need to be as good a guest as possible. I'm not used to pitching in, so I'll have to be vigilant about that, get out of my used-to-being-waited-on state.

i wonder if i could visit jen and alan in san diego, and joan fey in manhattan beach. i should definitely do that, and my parents can come and stay with her!

hmmm...don't know too much about the nightlife, but i'll probably have to be a little selective since i'm sure the LA scene can be superficial and creepy. i bet the salsa dancing is amazing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat