Comfort and Joy

the holiday season has begun for the Galbraiths. we had our traditional abundance of food today, complete with many dishes we've been cooking for years. there's a lot to be said for tradition. it's sad, though; we aren't totally happy in our house, which we choose for its affordability, while our friends have all become increasingly prosperous over the years. my mom is overworked, and our beautiful china set and dining room table are reminders of when we could afford nice things.

overall, though, i love the holidays and may well join the hordes of mad shoppers tomorrow. i have always loved the holiday season, and have many many happy memories.

Gratitude: My hair is still falling out in handfulls, getting all over my room, car, shower, clothing, and bed, but as I look in the mirror, it's still beautiful. I'm very lucky. When I'm 65, I'll look back at this time, wishing my hair wasn't gray. I want to appreciate what I have now. I've maintained my 15-pound weight loss, and really want to get into physical shape next semester. That's the next step in my recovery. Oh, and looking for a job!

"God bless us, every one." --Tiny Tim, from Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol."

I am quite a catch, aren't I?

"God bless ye merry gentlemen, let nothing ye dismay." I love Christmas music, bar-none.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat