Resentment Rising

I hate when people who know nothing about my background or what has happened in my life judge me based on the surface. I really hate it.

I LOVE Bon Jovi, however. They're like the big-hair version of Bruce Springsteen, who is also from New Jersey.

Behold the jaw-dropping difficult-ness of our final essay question for Lawson:

Three countries in the contemporary Middle East--the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, and the State of Israel--have political systems that are firmly rooted in religion. In all three, regime legitimacy rests largely on religious principles, and religious notables play a key role in policy-making.

To what extent do opposition movements in these three countries differ from the challengers that one finds in the etatist-populist republics we have examined in this course? Can important aspects of the emergence and evolution of these movements be explained in the same (political-economic) terms that have been advanced to explain oppositions in the republics? Or must we come up with different sorts of explanatory factors and dynamics to account for religiously-based challenges in these three cases?

I love the Beach Boys, too! They harmonize like nobody's business!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat