Colbert-on-Stewart Action

Ha ha. Seriously, though, Tuesday night's "Daily Show" and "Colbert Report" are combining for a solid one-hour Midterm Midtacular Madness broadcast! Should be super-duper spectacular (complete with balloons on Colbert if Repubs win, which wouldn't be so super-duper, or spectacular).

Iraq's post-war shortage of guillotines is why Saddam has been sentenced to hang, according to my boy Stephen.

A "Daily Show" correspondent says Saddam got off easy with a sentence of only a hanging. He joked that the usual punishment for genocide is be-heading, followed by re-heading, followed by a semi-lethal injection, a demi-electrocution, and then they give you Lou Gehrig's disease.

I just ordered a Colbert/Stewart '08 t-shirt, by the way, and one that says "More Cowbell," from the now-infamous SNL Will Ferrell sketch when Christopher Walken hosted.

Lorian just gave me the best massage. She massaged Sara's feet, my feet, tried to massage Brenna's feet but she was too ticklish so she got a back rub instead, and kept squealing throughout. Lorian says I have small shoulder blades and very relaxed feet. I think it's because they're arched so they don't have to work as hard to carry my weight.

There is nothing like good friends and nothing like human touch. I love that I come "home" after a long, lonely day of classes (well, punctuated with asides to Anna in French or saving a seat for Sara, who is sometimes late to Letters) to friends who want to hear about my day, and I want to hear about theirs. Dinner got a bit heated, which isn't totally surprising when Lorian is talking up a storm. It's a good thing Brenna wasn't there because she doesn't like to discuss abortion. The paper came out today (I have TWO pictures and one quote!!) and Halie looked it over at lunch; she does the layout and it looks fabulous.

I wish I could find a bunch of folks as jazzed about the elections as myself tomorrow, so we could sit around watching the returns and shouting our opinions and predictions to no one in particular.

I really hope the Dems take the House and Senate, but with our Teflon political system scandals and discontent don't really sway voter opinion, it seems. I hope Prop 85 doesn't pass, that 87 does, and that measures 1A, 1B-1E do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat