[My] Identity Politics

I lost 15 pounds over the summer, and have maintained that loss up till now. Pretty amazing what eating healthy food can do. Lately I've been increasing the cr*ppy food, though, probably b/of stress and the collective effect of having tons of it around all the time. I'm still about 140 pounds, though.

I'm asking the big questions these days. No one has written a primer on interrupted development due to bipolar and what the heck someone is supposed to do to address that once relatively healthy on meds. That's my "journey" right now, so to speak; and as usual, I'm blazing my own trail.

I dread having to address the illness when getting to know someone new because my life makes no sense without it. I'm resentful that I'm practically forced to mention it when talking about more than just surface issues with people. I'm ashamed of what I perceive to be my arrested development and people often blame me for it rather than understanding the effect the illness has had. I hate feeling less sophisticated than I did at 15.

That's my lot in life, though, I didn't choose it and still can't deal with the losses that I'm reminded of everywhere I look.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat