TV That May Not Rot Your Mind

I am enamored of "House," since it stars one of my favorite British actors and has a rather unique main character (unique for prime-time tv, that is).

The writing for Hugh Laurie (pictured) is fantastic, as is the character in general, who hates his patients almost as much as he hates himself and somewhere in between the sarcasm and semi-cruelty, he has brilliance and a shred of humanity. Almost enough for me to feel attracted...heck, yes I find him attractive. I also like that while the character has a limp, Laurie chooses to use the cane in the wrong hand for the injury.

His acceptance speech at the Golden Globes cracked me up--I should be so lucky ever to find someone like him, let alone fall in love, let double alone he fall for me.

Where does my low self-esteem come from? I get compliments fairly often--some of them I solicit--but that really isn't necessary. Very odd.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat