"Summertime, and the Livin' is Easy..."

Not yet. I don't know what to do this summer--what kind of internship to get, what to do if it doesn't pay anything, when/how to apply, where to live, etc.

I have no idea what to do and don't feel like dealing with it. It's another level of the real world I need to tackle and I'm scared. It's too easy to stay here at college and not do research on internships and jobs, but I really should make some effort.

I revised my resume recently; that's a step forward.

I would like to write. I don't know what else to say. Journalism? Politics? I feel like there's plenty of stuff I could do but I don't know where to begin. I have so little experience.

It's time to start scanning photos so I can put some fun stuff up here. The Black and White Ball is Saturday, although it's going to be just us girls, I think, unless Halie asks that friend of Natasha's. I REALLY need to get off campus more, even if it's just studying at a cafe or something.

Yuck. I have this paper to write, and I'm dragging my heels, as usual. I have plenty of info but it's not organized, and I dread sleep-deprivation.

"Fish are jumpin', and the cotton is high..."

It's funny how many other things suddenly become very interesting when I have a paper to write. I just did some yoga--4 sun salutations, which is good for me. I prefer Ashtanga yoga, because it's a prescribed set of exercises and no one talks in class and there aren't any "partner" activities, mercifully. It's taken me years to build up the upper body strength necessary for sun salutations, and it feels good to be reaching that goal. I can do most of a primary series, if it weren't for those pesky salutations in the middle of everything we do. Flexibility isn't hard for me, though, and it is for many others, so I guess it's a trade-off. Is there such a thing as too flexible?

Anyway, it's 12:55am and I'd better get back to writing about fluid identities.

"Your mama's rich, and your dad is good-lookin'..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat