American Idol Armchair Commentary

Poor Paula Abdul dresses like a teenager even though she's nearly 40. Terrible pressure in the entertainment industry not to age, but I think aging gracefully is better than fighting it.

Dr. Phil is such a hypocrite. I feel anger in his body language; have you ever seen him on Jay Leno? He is mean and insulting; obviously not someone who pays any attention to his own life or emotional experience. And look at the money he's making! One of Oprah's poorer judgment calls, in my opinion.

Back to Idol, though. Ryan Seacrest has done a wonderful job at transcending the annoying "I host a popular reality show" persona to an entertainment entrepreneur of sorts, following in the shoes of Dick Clark. I'm dangerous approaching having respect for him. He summarily fired Kathy Griffin, for one, after purchasing part of E! Entertainment television or something along those lines.

There seems to be a certain age in our development when we dream of being famous; a phase through which we pass on our way to accepting that we're not perfect. It's like a puberty-teenage thing; young adults in their 20's or 30's in that stage are phase-arrested, in my opinion. I was this way when I was 15; I wanted to be a model, briefly, but it took years before any understanding of my self began to emerge; most days I still can't find it! A woman without a country.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat