check-in

I think I figured out today that it's OK to be myself around others.

It's been a difficult couple of days, again, but learning to be in my own skin rather than running around trying to please others is a relief.

it feels good to be around friends. i feel accepted. i'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight, in a quiet house, without people running around outside my door or over my head. no doors slamming.

my back hurts from carrying my computer and books all afternoon. i wish i didn't feel so fragile. i "should" go to yoga tomorrow.

i'm uncertain about what to do for the summer, although i'm definitely applying for the critical language programs. i know from experience that the way to relieve anxiety is just to get started. i should tackle the internship thing, even if all i do is apply to one place or do a little research.

sometimes i don't know when/whether to apologize.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat