Walls Have Ears

Nothing is more valuable than believing in myself.

Why do I seek to hurt those who hurt me?

Revenge? Self-defense? Recovering dignity? Evening the score?

Tearing others to pieces makes me feel good but also bad. Good because I have "ended the threat," bad because I may feel badly, I may have hurt the person, I may look bad in the eyes of others; they may exact revenge at some point in the future, I may lose opportunities...

I have quite a history of feeling threatened by others, and am quite sensitive to it. I also go on the offensive without thinking. Not sure what to do here. Is there a need to "get back" at anyone? What would that accomplish? What if I am wrong about them? I don't like paranoia.

I think the lesson is that I need to find a new peer group. Should I take comfort in others' mediocrity? No, because as punishment I may lose my assets. I want to like myself, I want to be the way those I admire are like.

I need to believe in myself more, and believe the others who believe in me.

One point is that this really isn't about me. I also need to look at the fact that I have, in the past, spoken about others without their knowing, and said things I wouldn't feel comfortable saying to their faces. What is that about? Is that who I want to be? Who do I trust? How do I know?

Some people are not trustworthy, and I do not wish to be one or have one as a friend.

It's time to start questioning myself about these things.

it would cheapen me to think less of others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat