The Ankle Bone's Connected to the Leg Bone

[from a song we used to sing in preschool]
i re-sprained my ankle today, using "sprain" in the liberal sense, since this ankle doesn't have much strength or support it re-sprains very easily. i was running late, today, literally, and dashed out the side door of ethel moore, down some steps and off the curb, barely catching my balance as i lost a shoe.

it hurts, not too badly. it's just sad that it's already so weakened it doesn't hurt much to re-injure it. i'll have to get physical therapy, when i have the money, to learn how to strengthen it properly.

a full day today. two and a half hours of politics of developing nations, which was fairly interesting, but i'm recovering enough of my intellect that i'm feeling the impact of not being a student at stanford at harvard. dull people whose minds move at a snail's pace. not terribly stimulating. it's hard for me not to talk too much in class; i usually overestimate the importance or significance of what i have to say and risk boring others.

plenty of work to keep me busy, with five classes. went to gaylord's tonight with halie and brenna; it's a communal place to get stuff done; kind of annoying when men take the opportunity to find an excuse to talk to me when it's clear i'm busy studying. oh well. i'm not into men who are into me simply because of my appearance. if you don't like big words, get out of my way! i really don't use that many big words, either, but it doesn't seem to take much to scare some men off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat