Taking a Chance on Myself

The overwhelm begins. Sheer volume of work. i don't regret taking five classes, but it is a lot of reading and writing papers.

loneliness and aloneness definitely aren't the same thing.

i need to spend time alone with myself, i just wish i wasn't so lonely (weren't?).

sometimes i go looking, occasionally i find. I'm not finding right now.

love to you all!

I'm sad that I couldn't have had the regular four year college experience that most kids get to have. I can really see how continuity can make for a much more satisfactory experience (obviously, a fragmented college experience wasn't my idea).

A chorus of sirens has begun here in Oakland, which makes sense since it's a Friday night. There are different kinds of sirens, some are more like short blips that occur when a unit is pulling over someone they're right behind, usually; then you have the long fire-engine sirens. Sometimes I can hear the officer talking to the driver through that exterior speaker feature their cars have.

I'd really like to do the Oakland Citizen's Police Academy; should call to find out when it's held. I haven't heard about any homicides in the past couple of days, but that's probably just because I haven't been reading local news.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat