A Long Day's Journey into a Hard Day's Night

[Eugene O'Neil and the Beatles, respectively]
Quite a long day, beginning with nearly sprinting across the wet grass of the circle in front of the clock tower on campus today. I wasn't late for my midterm, but was plagued with paranoia that I would be.

I feel so overstimulated that there's really not much to say. I'm going to get some rest and prepare for tomorrow, when I will consult with my oracle and sit through two and a half hours of "Politics of Developing Nations," which I'm really enjoying. My case study is Ethiopia, which has a fascinating history and complex current situation. I've added several bells and whistles to my web site, and thoroughly enjoyed doing so.

Did I mention that Misrak brought back Ethiopian food last night? It was delicious, and the perfect late-night snack, as Halie, Amina and I agonized over our papers for today. I had a good talk both with Miriam and Andrea tonight; I would love to be a psychotherapist, among many other things.

For now, though, I'll settle for part-time blogger.

Today in Letters, we were mesmerized by Ms. Mehta's lecture about political nourishment and deprivation based upon economics and gender, and again by the image of refugees coming from Haiti in rafts. I won't go into the extraordinary things she had to say--largely because I would need my notes to do so--but being in her class is almost like hearing a really good sermon. So often laypeople have more to say--or they say it better--than the average clergy person.

Comments

Ramona said…
WTF? All those comments about *not* wanting to do clinical counseling? And now you would love to be a psychotherapist?
Diana said…
I don't follow. To what are you referring?

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat