Battle of the Late-Night Talk Show Hooligans

Stephen Colbert: Look, I just think that Rosa Parks was overrated.
Conan O'Brien: Rosa Parks was overrated? That's-that's madness!

Colbert: Conan, last time I checked, she got famous by breaking the law.
Conan O'Brien: Breaking the law? She was standing up for a whole race of people. She was a freedom fighter!

Colbert: Conan, how do I know that there wasn't an old, sick, white man who needed that seat in the front of the bus?
O'Brien: How can you say that?

Colbert: Conan, I'm gonna keep saying this until Rosa Parks's children apologize for what their mother did to that bus company!
O'Brien: You want Rosa Parks's children to apologize?

Colbert: Absolutely.
O'Brien: Gah! Okay, I'm sorry. I have no choice.
[shoots Stephen in the chest, who then rises up a second later]

Colbert: [unaffected] Typical East-coast, Ivy League educated response.
O'Brien: [pause] We'll take a break. We'll be right back.

Colbert: Look, I respect your right to disagree with me. Don't get me wrong.
O'Brien: I shot you very near the heart!
[imdb.com]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat