Flatlining on the Beck Inventory

I hate the Beck Depression Inventory, and any other attempt to quantify the human experience, particularly mine, when I'm suffering and no one else, in particular medical professionals, could possibly know what it's like.

My point is that we were talking about one of the questions today, that inquires about crying. The very worst option is "I don't cry at all." This is the one I always checked, because for years I couldn't, as part of the illness. That's why every time I cry I feel relief.

I can laugh and cry because of my medication, and for no other reason. Get over your ignorant self, Tom Cruise.

I liken my experience with not crying to flatlining on a heart monitor, except the organ I'm referring to is the brain. If there were an EKG machine for the brain, mine would have been a flatline.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat