Appreciating Myself

Am I an acquired taste? How does this work? How do I esteem or appreciate or regard or value myself without going overboard (or doing whatever the opposite of "going overboard" is)? I'm just starting to figure all this out. I want to appreciate and value my strengths, without overvaluing them (sounds too much like a stock portfolio), and be aware of my shortcomings without hating myself for them.

Others' opinions of me can be dangerous, just because I'm so sensitive to them. Figuring out my own opinion of myself will probably help. I don't know why I latch onto some people and start worrying about what they think of me. It's very odd, and it only happens with some people. I can't figure out what the underlying dynamic is about.

Speaking to my oracle today was helpful, as always. And "SCENE," as they say on Saturday Night Live, to indicate the end of a scene. Goodnight!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat