Un-Loneliness For Sale

Feet on the ground, head in the clouds. The sounds of crickets outside, seemingly in unison, but probably not. They overtake each other the way different wavelengths (well, they are wavelengths!) do, sometimes competing, sometimes complementary.

I feel so busy as to not even have time to write on my blog or do five minutes of yoga before bed. I'd rather read a few more pages because I feel the weight of lots of stuff to do. On some levels, I love being busy; in that state of hyper-functioning and increased intellectual stimulation and production that only something like the pressure of school can elicit. On the other hand, I barely have time for any of my own thoughts in between planning to do which assignments when, and actually doing them. It's like my inner world gets put on hold.

This feels the way college should feel; in a way, this feels like my first year of college, where everything lines up: i like my classes, my teachers, the stuff I'm reading, and I'm able to do it. That's the new part; I'm able to function. I'm less stressed out about being able to function at a more "normal" level. I got that confidence under my belt last year. This year, I'm beginning to feel some of my intellectual confidence return. Just a little, but it's been gone for so long it's really nice to have it back.

i feel like i don't even have time to allow my thoughts to coalesce into something coherent. I'd like to know if there's anything on TV in the rec room, but don't want to take the time to go look (report: thank heavens for poor taste; i didn't even stay long enough to ask what program it was).

I'd like to welcome the folks from Blog Burst, who have somehow seen fit to include this blog among their collection.

I finished one novel tonight, and I'm going through some French poetry for a group presentation we're doing in about a week, and I also must read a 20-page article to accompany it. Then I have about 5 scholarly articles about Syrian politics to catch up on for Lawson's class, a fourth reaction paper for "politics of developing nations" along with beginning my research on Ethiopia. I have lots of Cuba reading for Choup's other class...along with other reading.

My favorite part of studying Middle Eastern politics so far is look at the various iterations in which Islam presents itself, sometimes as a political party, sometimes as an underground movement. I'd really like to borrow Amina's Koran to get a taste of what all the fuss is about. I've been studying for three hours now, getting up once to brush my teeth. I love feeling productive and I love getting my gray cells aerobicizing; it makes me feel smart :-).

If I were really smart I could get the person above me to stop moving furniture around at 1am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat