E-X-H-A-U-S-T-I-O-N

Five classes, six medications, no break all day, hot weather and too-warm clothing makes Diana a tired girl. Yikes. I want to take a cold bath, after I re-charge my battery here in my room for a bit.

Long day. We are learning about how the Iraq war is affecting Syria, which is great since that info is so hard to find in the mainstream press (in short, Syria's economy is in a tailspin, and ethnic tensions are increasing, particularly among their Kurdish and Assyrian Christian populations).

I got an "A" on my US/Latin American midterm, and an "A" on my second and third "reaction papers" for 'Politics of Developing Nations.' Tonight I must write my fourth reaction paper for class tomorrow, do the reading, and study enough French to be ready to meet with my group on Thursday to prepare for our présentation next Monday. We also have our deuxième devoir due next week in the same class. And I'm going home for a doctor's appointment, physical therapy, and meeting with a friend on Wednesday, and since I have class all that morning, until lunch, with one class after lunch, I'll have to be ready right away and that means being packed up by Tuesday night. So many details. Must not forget to go to Anna's house on Thursday instead of dinner at Founders. Yikes! Can't wait till Friday.

I spoke with Mr. Lawson about my book review; he says it should be at least 1000 words. I'm really looking forward to it, even if it is additional work. Today in class he recommended the new book "Fiasco" because he says it's a great look at how American commanders work with the local Iraqi populations and the challenges involved therein. Ms. Mehta says I should pursue a career in academia, but I also want to be a psychologist and a diplomat, and write and study languages. How am I supposed to figure all this out? It's so overwhelming. I want to finish school on a strong note, and will see if I can finagle a double major out of the registrar once my financial aid for next semester is signed, sealed, and delivered.

I must get a job after graduating, but I would like more education, too. I don't know how I would pay for it or make up for all this lost time. Must read about Darfur for tomorrow, and begin Ethiopia research after fifth reaction paper is finished.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat