Caffeine Cling

Interesting how the smell of coffee lingers in my clothes (and in my car) long after i leave a coffee place. In this case, gaylord's, with brenna and halie. Not the greatest place, but i do get work done. I'd rather find somewhere else, but don't know where to look. Bought a new desk hutch at ikea today and assembled it myself. i love assembling ikea furniture. This one's pretty heavy, though, so I'll have to ask for help to get it onto my desk. My room is coming together well, although i trimmed one curtain panel a bit too short.

my ivory carpet is showing dirt quickly, as i expected. Still glad i bought it. One of my favorite instructors is teaching a class on "European realism" next semester and I'm hoping it will fit into my schedule. i just loved this instructor's interpretations of German poetry last year, and the things she says. Just wonderful, and a delightful person, too.

there is an issue with mills cookies that must be addressed. That new chef must be to blame, since they are replacing our beloved cookies with IMPOSTERS every other week. This is quite unacceptable. Did they think we wouldn't notice? Ha!

in other news, i got a lot of work done on my "maru" paper; i basically wrote a bunch of my own ideas (from class, of course) and studied some of the passages really closely. i think that's basically what she wants. Hopefully it will come together in a cohesive whole over the weekend. I've also been studying for my Latin American/us relations midterm, also Monday. That's going well, too.

and since Mr. Lawson cut Algeria out of our syllabus for middle eastern politics, there's a whole week's worth of reading i won't have to do! Overall, things are going along swimmingly. I'm looking to Friday (burger day at lunch) and the rest of my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat