Clash of the Personalities

The sparks are flying, and some fur, too, here at Ethel Moore; the air is crackling with conflict and more than one stomach is in knots. What to do when people argue, someone gets hurt, a big ruckus ensues, and we're all like satellites, revolving vaguely around the situation but not actually in the midst of it? Well, we are smack in the middle of it, actually. Across the hall, down the hall, and around the corner from it. I think part of it was handled really inappropriately, and people were needlessly hurt for it. That makes me angry.

I guess I just want to be true to myself and let the rest sort itself out, as far as who did what and what was wrong, should have been done differently, etc. I guess it's not OK to say unkind things about anyone else, but people do anyway. Where does one draw the line? Why am I so intent on giving my opinion even when people don't ask for it? I think I overvalue what I have to say sometimes, even though I know others appreciate it (sometimes) because they tell me as much. I'm sure I overdo it sometimes, though. I can just tell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Human

The Clear Light of Day

Trimming the Fat